GFMD Business Thematic Meeting
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
The Global Forum on Migration and Development (GFMD) works on the links between migration and development. It is led by national governments, and seeks to address issues that link across both topics.
The Business Mechanism is a network of companies and employers’ organisations with the GFMD from all sectors of the global economy and all regions of the world, and was established in 2016. It serves as a channel to bring the voice of business to the GFMD and its participating governments.
Terre des Hommes’ Ignacio Packer will take part in a plenary session on how businesses can contribute to the UN Global Compact for safe, orderly and regular migration. The session will take place at Japan Tobacco International at 10:00am on Tuesday 4 April.
The full list of speakers in the session are:
• Ms. Louise Arbour, Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary General for international migration (video message)
• Mr. Austin T. Fragomen Jr., Chair, GFMD Business Advisory Group
• Mr. Jaap Buis, Public Affairs Manager, Randstad
• Dr. Götz Schmidt-Bremme, Ambassador for the 2017-2018 GFMD Co-Chairmanship, Germany
• H.E. Mr. Juan Raúl Heredia Acosta, Deputy permanent representative, Permanent Mission of Mexico to the UN Office in Geneva
• Mr. Toufiq Islam Shatil, Counsellor, Permanent Mission of Bangladesh to the UN Office in Geneva
• Mr. Garvan Walshe, Advisory Board Member, Migration Matters Trust
• Mr. Ignacio Packer, Secretary-General, Terre des Hommes International
The session will be moderated by Ms. Linda Kromjong, Secretary-General of the International Organisation of Employers. You can find out more information on the GFMD Business Meeting here.