NextGen Index Launch from End Child Detention Campaign
Time: 15:00 CET
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Is your government keeping their promise to end child immigration detention? Launching on 13 August 2018, the Global NextGen Index uses annual scorecards to evaluate 22 states on their progress implementing alternatives to child immigration detention. Children continue to be psychologically damaged from detention all around the world, when there are alternatives that can be more affordable and effective.
By using a comprehensive framework which tracks child migration experiences, including child detention, the index determines a global ranking for each country.
Register here to join the official launch of the NextGen Index on 13 August 2018 at 15:00CET, which ranks over 20 countries and looks at three themes:
- Highlights the potential of governments to make change
- Identifies how governments are failing children
- Showcases practices that governments can use to protect the next generation, today!
Panelists for this event will be:
- Leeanne Torpey, Coordinator of the Global Campaign to End Child Immigration Detention
- Mariane Quintao, Brazil NextGen Committee
- Chando Mapoma, Zambia NextGen Committee
- Laetitia Van der Vennet, Belgium NextGen Committee
After a short presentations from panelists, discussions will be opened up to participants – so have your questions ready for this lively chat!
Find out more information here