Destination Unknown, a collective of organisations and individuals committed to protecting the rights of children and youth on the move, pledges to support child and youth participation and to facilitate and promote meaningful engagement in policy discussions at local, national and global levels, on matters related to migration and integration in new communities.
We pledge to:
- facilitate spaces for girls, boys, young women, and young men who are refugees, affected by displacement or from host communities, to raise issues that are important to children and young people in their diversity and bring these to decision-makers in their countries, regions and at global levels.
- empower young people – affected by migration and in host communities - through capacity building, and leadership skills development and provide technical and financial input to instigate and lead initiatives to campaign for change and promote understanding, equality and integration in their communities.
- provide a platform to share the stories of youth-led initiatives more widely and to mobilise others for greater support.
- ensure children and youth on the move are part of all our regional youth networks and through them represented in our international youth network and governance and part of the decision-making process.
In our communications and engagement with other stakeholders:
- We will develop and share guidance on the participation of children on the move and share experiences of what they say is meaningful participation with States and other actors who are designing and putting into practice programmes in support of people on the move – so that more is done together with children and young people and led by them.
Will you also support and champion the meaningful participation of children and youth on the move in decisions that affect their futures?
Sign our pledge.